Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Double Life

Written by: Don Blanding
Musical chord progression modified from: "Indigo Mood"
Composed by: HHP3
Fingerpicking...

--------3-------------3--
----------------0--------
-------------------------
----0-------------0-----
-------------------------
-3----------3-----------

How very simple life would be G
If there were only two of me D/F#
A Restless me to drift and roam Em
A Quiet me to stay at home. G/D
A Searching one to find his fill C
Of varied skies and new found thrill G/B
While sane and homely things are done Am7
By the domestic Other One. D

But that's just where the trouble lies; G/D
There's a restless me that cries B7/D#
For chancy risks and changing scene, Em
For arctic blue and tropic green, G/F
For deserts with their mystic spell, C
For lusty fun and raisin' hell. A/C#

But shackeled to that Restless me
My other self D rebeliousely Eb
Resists the frantic urge to move. Em
It seeks the old familiar groove G/F
That habits make. It finds content C

With hearth and home dear imprisonment, G/B
With candlelight and well loved books Am7
And treasured loot in dusty nooks, D
With puttering and garden things G
And dreaming while a cricket sings D/F#
All the while the Restless One Em
Insists on more exciting fun G/D
It wants to go with every tide, C
No matter where... just for the ride. G/B
Like yawling cats the two selves brawl Am7
'Till I have no peace at all D

One eye looks to the forward track, G/D
The other eye looks sadly back, B7/D#
I'm getting wall-eyed from the strain, Em
(It's tough to have an idol brain) G/F
But One says "stay" and One says "go" C
And One says "yes" and One says "no," A/C#
And One self wants a home and wife
And One self craves D the drifters life. Eb

The Restless fellow always wins Em
I wish my folks had made me twins. G/D
C
D (strum)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home