Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What do you do?

In response to bootstrapsandlawyers conversation about his occupation and the discussion of thus with laypeople. It should be noted that as opposed to interacting with Houstonians in a bar, typically I interact with some tree lovin' people in some field, biking trail, or open air restaurant. This is a mock conversation with somebody I meet when propositioned with the question, what do you do?

Hippie: ya, ok, so what do you do?
Me: I'm a geologist

Hippie: cool
Me: Thanks

Then I find a way to quickly change the subject. It's worked the last 2 years. Oh ya, I'm a petroleum engineer

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger BootStraps said...

HAHAHA, That is excellent! But there is no way for me to spin any fact that I am not somehow involved with law. From student to Professional. Maybe I should say I am an Assistant District Attorney. That means I could throw their ass in jail. Hmmm

BSL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home